Last week a reader of our blog comes up with strange issue, he was unable to trace the EIM task logs. He has already checked the SQL Trace Flag which was set to 8.
We looked into the issue and find this is because of SQL Tracing Event in Component Event Configuration of Enterprise Integration Manager (EIM) component. This can be configured under Server Administration. Here we require setting Component Event Configuration for the SQL Tracing Event Type to log level 4 in order to enable SQL tracing.
Setting SQL Tracing Event Type to any log level (i.e. 1,2,3,4) tells that it will only write events of “severity” level of Informational or more severe.
Steps to setting SQL Tracing Event Type:
1. Navigate to: Site Map > Server Administration > Components.
2. In the Server Components applet, select the Enterprise Integration Mgr server component.
3. Select the Component Event Configuration view tab > Component Event Configuration list applet
4.Select the event type SQL Tracing.
5. In the Log Level field, change the log level from 1 to 4
6. Step off the row to save changes.
Version 6.2.x and 6.3.x: EIM component definition during installation is explicitly has value set to 4. Only new EIM components require setting it manually to 4
Versions 6.0.x and 7.0.x: The defaulted value is not 4, and need to be set explicitly.