Drilldown helps user to navigate to a view. Drilldown fields in a list view are identified by colored, underlined text, much like a hypertext link in a Web browser.
2 Types of drill down are there
- Statis Drilldown
- Dynamic Drilldown
Static Drilldown : Navigates User to declared view.
How to Configure Static Drilldown:-
1. Siebel Tools and navigate to the Applet.
2. Navigate to child Object “DrillDown Object”.Right click, create new record with below information-
- Name : Name for the Drilldown Object.
- Hyperlink Field : List Column name on which Drilldown needs to be created.
- Business Component : The business component that the user is drilling into (destination).
- View : Name for the Destination view in the View Field.
- Destination Field : The field in the destination business component whose value equals the value of the source field in the source business component.
- Source field : The field in the applet’s business component (the source of the drilldown) whose value is applied as a search specification to the destination field in the destination business component (the business component that is specified by the Business Component property).
Souce field/ Destination Field :If it is within the BO then we need to put only source field, But if we have to navigate to other BO then we need to put source field and destination field
As in a static drilldown configuration, the drilldown object definition identifies a hyperlink field and a view. These property settings continue to have the same purpose in dynamic drilldown, namely, to specify the list column or control that has hyperlink capabilities and the destination view when the hyperlink is clicked.
How to Configure Dynamic Drilldown:-
In Dynamic Drilldown ,the drilldown object also has dynamic drilldown destination object definitions, each of which points to the type Field in the business component and specifies a Value to look for there. When the value in a dynamic drilldown destination is matched, the logic routes to a different drilldown object (typically with a different destination view).