We were loading the attachments for the data migration phase for a requirement faced some issues and would like to share my thoughts.While we were loading the attachments through EIM we got a error that stopped the entire load processing.
Error SBL-EIM-00900: Unknown failure running process
Possible reasons for the error:
1. Attachment sub folder might be missing in Siebel file system folder(s).
2. Not proper permission/grants to the source folder and attachment files/folder(s).
3. Not proper permission/grants to the Siebel file system where the attachments are stored.
Possible work around :
1. Siebel user used to run the EIM process should have R/W grants on the source folder and read grants to all attachements.
2. Siebel user used to run the EIM process should have the R/W grants on the Siebel file system folders and sub folders.
3. The attachment folder must exist in Siebel file system folders and eim user should have the write permissions on the folder.
Location of the file can be easily checked from the EIM log file.