What is Binocular Search? As soon as we login into the application, we can see a binocular symbol (indicating “Search”) as shown below.
This Binocular Search is used for performing search using required Find Object based on various Fields. For Example:- Select the option from the Look In PickList where we want to perform the search.
As soon as the option from the Look In list is selected, the fields associated with that particular Find Object(option) gets displayed, based on which search can be performed. Now, we can enter the required value that needs to be searched in the specific field and press “Go” button. This will display all the related records available.
Steps for configuring the Binocular Search are as follows –
1. Create a new find object as shown below (If “Find” object is not present in the object explorer then go to view -> Options -> Object Explorer -> Check Find -> Click “OK”)
Give any Name, also define the Project, the Applet, the Display Name and the Drilldown View. In the example considered- Name= Swati Binocular Project= Order Entry Applet= Opportunity List Applet Display Name= Swati Binocular Drilldown View= Opportunity Detail Contact View
2. Specify the “Find Fields” Mention all the fields on which you want to search.
In the example considered, we have applied search on three fields- Account, Key Contact Last Name, Name.
3. Specify the “Find Views” Mention the views, to be taken into consideration, in “Find Views”. Also give the sequence number.
4. Now Go to the “Application Object” In the example considered the application is “Siebel Power Communications”. For this application, go to “Application Find” and add the “Find Object”. Here the Find Object is “Swati Binocular”.
5. Compile all the objects created 6. Result The Result of the configured Binocular Search Object will be as shown-