Picklist is used to restrict or constraint the values of child Picklist based on the value of parent. Hierarchical Picklist shows all the values including child Picklist values.
Steps to configure Hierarchical PickList
1. Configure a parent and a child PickList
Configure a parent and a child PickList both the PickList have same Type Value ie LOV Type (STATUS_SWATI in this example).
- Set the Business Component property of the parent PickList to “PickList Hierarchical”.
- Set the Business Component property of the child PickList to “PickList Hierarchical Sub-Area”.
2. Go to the Business Component
Go to the BC that contains the fields that we want to associate the Hierarchical PickList with.
In this example,
BC = Service Request
Fields = Status and Sub-Status
- Set the PickList property of the parent field (here “Status”) to the parent PickList. Set the “Immediate Post Changes” of the parent field to “TRUE”.
- Set the PickList property of the child field (here “Sub-Status”) to the child PickList.
3. Define the Pick Maps for the fields
Pick Map values for the parent field is given as shown.
Pick Map values for the child field is given as shown.
The values in various fields of the Pick Map objects are given as-
Field PickList Field Constrain
Name of the Parent Field (Status) parent True
Name of the Child Field (Sub-Status) value
4. Define the value in LOV Explorer
Define the Type “STATUS_SWATI” in LOV Explorer as shown below.
Define the LOV values in list of Values as shown.
(Values considered here are for example)
Here “Active” and “Inactive” are the parents and rest all values are child.