Every Button created have a specific functionality associated with it, a task that is performed just on a click. We can create and place a button either on the applet header or we can provide the same functionality option in Menu Items. 1. Search Applet Name where a Button needs to be added.
2. Query the Applet name in Tools (For Example ‘SIS Account List Applet’).
3. Click on Control under same Applet.
4. Create New Record in Control with following detail.’
a. Name – ‘DeleteRecord’
b. Caption-String Override – ‘Delete’
c. HTML Type- ‘MiniButton’
d. Method Invoked –‘DeleteRecord’
5. Navigate in ‘Applet User Prop’ under selected Applet (‘SIS Account List Applet)
6. Create new record here with following detail
a. Name – ‘CanInvokeMethod: DeleteRecord’
b. Value – ‘TRUE’ (Value ‘TRUE’ is for Enable the button and ‘FALSE’ for Disable the button)
This will display the button on the Applet Header.
7. Navigate to ‘Applet Method Menu Item’ under selected applet
8. Create new record with following detail
a. Command – ‘Delete Record’
b. Menu Text –String Override – ‘Delete’
This is done to make Delete Record option available in Menu Item List.
9. Compile the Applet.
10. The Button on the applet will be displayed in application and will be active.