High Interactivity and Standard Interactivity are Types of User interface.
High Interactivity is available for employee Applications supporting highly interactive enterprise users and requires internet explorer 5 or more.
Standard Interactivity is available for customer Application and behaves like traditional web applications, requiring frequent page refreshes.
In simpler explanation we can HI and SI user interfaces are designed to server two different group of user. First group will be the business users, Customer care user, Call center users , application administrators who are using application with all specific software requirements. Second group will be FOS(feet on street), Field executive who will use application from their handheld devices or any machine which doesn’t match software requirement. Only application developed in SI mode will run in systems with different configuration. Also, it will not have little HI stuff which is not required by SI user. Such as you could not find Help, About View, About Srf etc. and few screens like administration application because these are unnecessary for the end user.
Benefits of High Interactivity
High Interactivity is highly used by end user who require full graphical siebel functionality.
1. Reduces the number of page refreshes. User downloads complete html initially and subsequent round trips fetch data required to update page
2. Save record implicitly by stepping off record , i.e. No need to click the save button.
3. Supports High interactive graphical UI Elements such as Flowcharts, Organization charts, interactive toolbars
4. Another benefits of high interactivity is that it allows for Extensibility and Integration, i.e. it extends applications by integrating with third party software on the client side and make Siebel Business objects available on the client side
Difference between High and standard Interactivity The following features are supported only by high interactivity
1. Client side scripting with access to Siebel objects on the client side.
2. Interactive controls such as Calculator, calendars date/time selector
3. Keyboard controls for frequently used commands High interactivity client supports Application levels menus and Appearance of Applet level menus