In day to day life Siebel application developer has to deal with scenarios where few functionality or some configuration is making Siebel application latent. Developer has to extract the SQL queries to analyze the problematic functionality. We are sharing structured steps to analyze and extract the SQL queries which are leading to latency in Siebel application
*Note: If the SQL execution Time for a SQL query is greater than 10 seconds for the SQL statements generated at the time of navigation in CRM application,then it means that there is possibility of Latency.
STEPS TO EXTRACT SQL EXECUTION LOGS (Causing Latency) FROM SIEBEL SERVERS FOR A PARTICULAR USER-ID :
- First of all make sure that, all the specific USERIDS are added in the “List of Users” parameter for the AOM component.
- Now , create a temporary directory to fetch the logs of all the specific userids as configured in the List of User parameter ,in the siebfs mountpoint of the Siebel server.
- Now,go to the path where the logs of the ‘List of User’ User ID’s are kept.
Grep ‘SQL Statement Execute Time for SQL ‘ ecommunicationsobjmgr_enu *.log > SQL_EXEC_USERID.log
- A SQL log file will be generated in the below path:
- Now open Winscp and navigate to the above given path.
- Copy the SQL_EXEC_USERID log file to local desktop and open a new Excel sheet and copy the Log file details in the excel sheet,and format the log file in the excel sheet ,in such a way that,it appears of the form : (with columns):
Logfilename SQLID SQL_EXECUTION_TIME
- Filter it for SQL statements , having SQL execution time greater than 10 seconds. You will get the respective SQL IDs of the logs having SQL execution time greater than 10 seconds.
- Now, search the corresponding logs with the SQLIDs found above,for the given time limits,for which the Latency was observed. (use : ctrl F- for search ).
- The respective SQLIDS for the latent time limits,is the required query of a particular functionality,which is causing the Latency in the Siebel application.
- The above query causing Latency ,found can be further analyzed, and optimized to improve the performance of the Siebel application.