In previous articles of this series we have explored basics about Siebel Business Services ,its components and steps for how to invoke siebel business service using escript . Lets find out how to invoke a Business Service using workflow.
Article # 3: How to invoke a business service using Workflow:
- Add the business service step in the w/f by using drag and drop from the palettes in Siebel tools.
- Give the method name of the business service (which we want to invoke) in the input argument.
- Below is the symbol which is used for the business service in Siebel tools:
If we invoke a business service:
- It may occupy the session’s object manager’s process space.
- It may occupy the WfProcMgr’s process space.
This process space allocation depends upon the WfProcMgr component’s configuration.
While invoking any custom business service using w/f we should take care of the memory leak in the script which can increase w/f processes memory utilization.